Major duties of SAP Functional Consultant
Every aspirant who is seeing SAP consultant as career has an anxiety about responsibility of SAP Functional Consultant. Duties of SAP Functional Consultant will vary based the Project like SAP Implementation, SAP post implementation/Support, Upgrade and Roll out etc.
First of all we shall understand about SAP Implementation and its five steps of ASAP methodology:
Step 1: Project Preparation
The gola of this step is to give initial planning and preparation for SAP project.
Step 2: Business Blueprint
The purpose of this step is to gain a common flow of how the company intends to run its business using the SAP System. The Business Blueprint represents the business process requirements of the company.
Step 3: Realization
This step is to implement all the business process requirements based on the previously gain Business Blueprint.
Step 4: Final Preparation
In this step project is to complete the final preparation. This step includes system management, end user training, testing and cutover activities to finalize your project to go live. The Final Preparation phase also serves to resolve all critical open issues.
Step 5: Go Live and Support
The motive of this phase is to move from a pre-production environment, project-oriented to live production operation.
Role of a functional consultant:
- A functional consultant appraises the demands in talking with the client’s congresses, alters the essence into an abstract and algorithmic business model.
- Customizing the respective business area and making sure the system reacts in the manner conferring to the constraints of the demanded use case.
- The SAP Consultant documents the settings and prepares proper guidelines that allow other consultants to do further changes or repairs with due efforts.
- The SAP Consultant takes care that appropriate training is given to the end users and the system is usable, performing appropriately and the business flow is correct and complete.
- After go live he guarantees that the actions remain usable and reliable in real live situation and proposes improvements.
Role of a support consultant are:
- Primarily liable for Handling tickets and application support
- When an difficulty comes diagnose, analyze and solve the problem
- Responsible for improvement in system
- Training the end users and preparing document for end user
- Writing functional specification and interacting with technical consultant (ABAP)